Reavers of Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Reavers of Pandemonium

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stories to share.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bernadine

Bernadine

Stories to share. Empty
PostSubject: Stories to share.   Stories to share. EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:26 pm

I'm creating this, because often I read the posts and Ay is bored. lol. I'm going to use this space to tell some short stories...or parts of stories related to WoW and fantasy. Anyone who wants to post anything related, songs, parodies, poems, etc. can feel welcome to do so. FYI: I will not be screening my writing before I post it so it might not always make sense...it's really just for fun. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bernadine

Bernadine

Stories to share. Empty
PostSubject: Start to Bounty in the barrens   Stories to share. EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 2:01 pm

[b][i]Bounty in the Barrens[center]

Azeroth, beginning to wake from its sleep, once again thrives with life and prosperity. All around the lands from the peaks of Icecrown Mountain to the Borean Tundra Orcs, Blood Elves, Undead, Tauren, and Trolls return to their homes and their families. Each day that passes villagers grow more confident to venture outside to sell their goods, and meet with old friends. It would appear as if the world had returned to a peaceful state.

Bernadine, kicks a rock as she travels west along Gold Road, sweat sweeps down from her forehead, as the hot desert sun beats down. She had ported in Ratchet early that morning with a message from Eurgorth the Seer. She could still clearly remember the look on his face as he handed her the sealed letter, the look of utter horror. Though she, herself, was not sensitive to magic she could still feel the taint of it as she turns the envelope over in her hands.

"What was he so afraid of?" Bernadine wondered to herself. She tried harder to remember exactly what he had said to her. "Make haste young hunter. The war may appear to be over, but there is still something amiss. As she tried to focus on her mission her thoughts began to drif in and out. Images from Northrend plauging her mind like an infection she couldn't rid herself of.

The crunching under her feet suddenly became light and spongy as she passed through the once brutal grounds of the Centaur. Their look-out tower still standing hauntingly over her. It carries with it a feeling of dread, as well as the ghosts of a time she would like to forget. The great tower itself stands 800 feet and a skilled archery could shoot a target approaching several miles away.

"Nooo...somebody help me!" Bernadine instinctively reaches back and withdraws her axe its cold steel blade glints in the bright sunlight, and a cruel whistling shoots through the air like an arrow in the dark, at the exact same moment as her spirit animal springs forth from her body to stand by her side.

Bernadine swings around looking to see who made the cry for help. "Where are you?" She frantically cries. Running forward toward the direction of the earth shattering scream. "Help me!" She can now clearly tell its the sound of a young man. Too young to be able to defend himself. Her legs drive her faster. She can feel the energy from her Heckhound burning inside of her giving her more strength to continue forth without fear.

Coming insight of the boy a sudden recognition floods her body as an arrow pierces his heart. Bernadine feels her body shattered to a million pieces as she falls to her knees on the soft grass and pounds her fists to the ground. "Danko, why did you leave me?" tears filling in her eyes she looks up to see no one there

A baby carbou gallops by chasing after it's mother. Bernadine shakily returns to her feet her heckhound whinning beside her. She calls his spirit back into her body and looks over her shoulder towards the cross roads.

Each step she takes feels heavy with the image of her brother being shot down in front of her playing over and over again in her mind. She furiously wondered why she was unable to move on from her past. The message was all that mattered now Eurgorth had predicted something bad, and this time she would see to it nothing bad came to pass. She knew it was beyond her power to bring back her brother from the unforgiving grasp of the dead, but she could still prevent a new disaster from plaguing Azeroth.
Back to top Go down
Bernadine

Bernadine

Stories to share. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stories to share.   Stories to share. EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 11:18 am

The darkness made it impossible for Niem to even recognize his surroundings. The feint whispers in the night made him feel edgy, and unable to think clearly.

Niem knew himself to be the strongest of his tribe. He not only stood taller then all the other boys, but his rippling muscles allowed him to wield multiple types of weapons with a deadly force not many could stand against. He was not only strong; he was also cunning, and quickly had risen to top of his class in balance magic. These aspects made Niem a dangerous opponent, but off all his attributes his eyes were said to be the fiercest.

Niem by any standard was considered to be a good-looking young man. He had strong chiseled features with thick brown/blond hair. His figure was that of a warrior, earned from years of hard work and training. Though he was good looking his eyes made his over all appearance unsettling.

Bluer then the ocean or the sky on a sunny day his eyes stood apart from others. People often whispered they believed he could see through to the pure naked soul of any person he turned his gaze towards.

Despite his many attributes Niem's biggest flaw was how easily he was spooked out alone in the darkness. The sound of even his own feet drudging through the forest made him jumpy.

His ears turned back against his head as he slowed his pace. He felt his heart pounding within his chest, and his muscles tensed ready to fight or flee whichever was necessary.

After a moment Niem realized nothing was amiss, and with one last peek over his shoulder he began to move onward. His soft paws and strong legs were barely able to carry him forward, and his thoughts grew to be more sluggish with each passing second.

He wanted nothing more then to collapse where he stood, and let the peacefulness of sleep over take him. But no matter how tired or sore he felt he knew he must not stop walking unless he no longer valued his life.

Niem's journey had led him into the Fairywoods A mythical place by nature and known to many as a land of unspeakable horror. Located to the northwest of Ashenvale the Fairywoods provided a secret passageway that led to a small village east of Auberdine tucked away between mountains at every side.

The little village was known as the Moonglade, and to Niem's misfortune the only way to reach this land was through the tunnel beyond Felwood and then on through the Fairywoods.

The forest made Niem uncomfortable. The trees seemed to mock him, cloaking him entirely in darkness. The sounds gave him shivers, but the real nightmare were the little blue whisps of light that would occasionly breeze by him. These little orbs were spirits from the underworld that had escaped from the Emerald dream.

These firey whisps up close seemed to take the shape of a tiny woman. They lured in there victims with their sweet look of innocence only to draw them near enough to suck lose their soul. The spirits needed the souls of the living in order to survive, and any who strayed long enough within the confines of the trees would fall prey to these innocent tiny women.

Although the spirits were what Niem feared most there were any number of other dangerous and potentially life threatening beings that dwelled in or called the Fairywoods home.

All the better, Niem thought to himself. I don't have time to spare... even were it not for the fact I have to pass through these forsaken woods. I would still not want to waste a moment on something as wasteful as rest.

He felt a sharp pain jab in his side from a recent encounter with a bear, but he ignored the pain and pressed on. The thought of his mission within his minds eye Niem found within him and extra burst of strength and took off at a run. The forest seemed to come alive around him, now clearly sensing his presence. Before any could attack Niem blinked in a flash of blinding green light and disappeared into the darkness.

As he ran head long Niem began to recall the last time he journeyed through these forgotten woods. He was just a small boy then. His father had woken him early one morning.

"Niem wake up," his father's voice sounded gruff and misplaced in his ear.

Niem was reluctant to open his eyes. He was much too comfortable where he lay. He could feel his father standing before him, but he was so deeply asleep that his father's voice felt miles away rather then mere inches.

"Niem wake up," his father pressed him. His voice no longer sounding gruff, was instead replaced with a ring of impatience. "I have a surprise for you boy, don't you remember what today is?"

Those words provoked Niem closer towards consciousness, as curiosity tugged at his brain. Something about those words played at the corners of his mind. He tried hard to force recognition to come, but sleep had him trapped, and over powered his ability to remember.

"I guess you don't wish to see the Moongalde," he heard his father shut the door as the sound of his words still hung in the air. For a brief moment he had been pleased with the silence as the words at last trailed off. He again felt the clutches of sleep begin to draw him back into the dark, mysterious abyss.

Then in an instant sleep was forgotten, and Niem's eyes snapped open. Recognition flooding over him. The Moonglade.

Niem heard his father chuckling in the other room, as he lept about ungraciously trying to do several tasks at once.

"I'm hurrying father, I just don't want to forget anything," he panted as he threw on clothes and belongings into a knapsack. His heart racing with excitement.

The Moonglade was a place Niem knew of only in his imagination. Every night before he went to bed his father would promise that one day when he was old enough Niem would be able to journey with him there. Niem could hardly believe that day had finally arrived.

The Moonglade was a powerfully magical place where young Druid's were taught the art of balance magic.

Druids are among the rarest of class skills found throughout Azeroth, because few had the determination and patience to become one with nature. Ancient druids were able to speak with the soul of the earth and learn from it all there was to know about life and reincarnation.

Once a druid was fully trained not only could they call forth powerful balance magic, but they could also transfrom themselves into mighty beasts able to withstand armies. Their extra senses enabled them to journey quickly, as well as aid them in tracking and killing for food as well as defense.

Niem was nine years old then, and had considered himself to be a man. He could read and write, He no longer needed help with chores, and was quite handy with a sword. Not a single straw dummy could stand against his fistful attacks. He would simply cut them clean through with a single mighty swing. He wasn't yet aware of the world and its evil, perilous, and treacherous ways. Much learning about himself, and his abilities had laid ahead of him.

That day the sun had been bright in the sky smiling down upon him. His chest had been puffed out and the world seemed to trumpet around him announcing his arrival into manhood, and the day he would finally see the Moonglade.

Niem blinked himself back into reality. The sun and sound of trumpets dying away from inside his mind as he slowed to better see a sign up ahead. The sign pointing towards Moonglade announcing another ten miles lay ahead.

Niem shook himself feeling his soft fur fluff and then resettle. He preferred Panther form on long travels. The sleek build of the big cat kept him from tiring easily, and though he had been running an hour he didn't even need to labor to take in a breath.

He flicked his keen ears back and forth listening closely for any sound that was out of place. He stood still as stone listening to individual sounds in turn, the hum of an insects wings, the wind blowing around an owls wings, but nothing out of the ordinary could be picked up. Hearing nothing alarming Niem kicked up his pace once more. He was close enough to his destination now he could nearly smell the different aromas of his former home within the Moonglade.

Clearly picturing the small cottage in his mind Niem spoke to himself, "I'm nearly there Omur, don't give up on me just yet."

Eurgorth woke from his dream that wasn't a dream. The heat of the day scorching the surface of the sand creating the illusion of water on the ground. A mirage for weary travelers that bared nothing but torment.

Stepping through the doorway of his humble cottage he could hear the sounds of soldiers, villagers, and merchants going about their business in the nearby town known to all as The Crossroads.

Eurgorth glanced towards the direction of the Oasis. he did not yet know what trouble lay ahead. He could only sense there was trouble, and the true knowledge of it would soon be brought to him.

Turning his attention back to the Crossroads, he suddenly felt a a bone chilling cold run up and down his spine. The heat of the day becoming a distant memory in the grips of the ice that continued to course through his body, as he stood facing the Crossroads knowing the peace people now felt would be to short lived.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stories to share. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stories to share.   Stories to share. Empty

Back to top Go down

Stories to share.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Reavers of Pandemonium :: Off Topic :: The things we do...-
Jump to: